How to Connect Domain Email to Default Android Phone
You might have been given a work email and most probably it was configured to you by an IT person in your company. In this post, I'll show you the easiest way to set it up using IMAP.
You will need the following:
- Domain email address and password
- Incoming mail server and port information
- Outgoing mail server and port information
You can find all these on your cPanel under the emails section. if you have no idea what cPanel, is ask your IT support to help you get this information. That's why they are there in the first place.
Before we get to the easy part lets understand something. There are two protocols used to access emails from the server, they are POP3 and IMAP.
- POP3 (Post Office Protocol 3): This protocol delivers the message to the client and deletes it from the server. Just like the name, once you receive your parcel from the post office you now have it and it is no longer with the post office.
- IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol): IMAP on was designed to synchronize messages between the mail client and the server. Generally, it manages messages on the server and leaves them there
I choose IMAP because I want to access my messages on several devices like phone, tablet and laptop. Lets now get it done.
- Open your mail or email app.
- If this is your first time using the mail app, you will be asked if you want to add an existing email address or create a new email. Since you are adding an email address that had been created, go with existing option. If you have used the app before, got under the first account and click add a new account.
- Choose IMAP
- Put your domain email and password in the text fields. In some cases, this may work if you leave every other thing in default.
Next set up the incoming and outgoing server ports as follows
Contact me for help: email@example.com